For the chocolate tarts with pear:
- 120 g dark chocolate
- 120 g salted butter
- 200 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 80 g self-rising flour
- 1 pear
- Handful of walnuts
For the beer caramel:
- 150 g cane sugar
- 300 ml cream
- 100 ml Brugse Zot Dubbel
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or a sachet of vanilla sugar
- Pinch of salt
1. Make the beer caramel. Put the sugar, Brugse Zot Dubbel, cream, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt in a saucepan and boil gently until the caramel has thickened by 1/3rd. Leave to cool.
2. Make the chocolate tarts. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Melt the butter and chocolate.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and sugar, then add the self-rising flour little by little. Then mix in the chocolate-butter mixture.
4. Grease the cake tins and sprinkle with some flour. Fill them with the batter. Cut the pear into 8 segments (remove the core) and place 2 pear segments per tart tin on the batter.
5. Bake the tarts in the oven for about 25 minutes. Chop the walnuts.
6. Remove the tarts from the oven and unmould them. Place them on cake plates and drizzle some beer caramel over them. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and serve.
Tip: You can store the rest of the beer caramel in a glass jug for several weeks in the fridge.