- 1 kg mussels
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 leeks
- 1 bottle Brugse Zot Blond
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves
- A few sprigs of fresh dill
- 2 tbsp vadouvan (French-Indian curry mix, can also be replaced by curry powder)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Rinse the mussels in cold salted water and clean them.
2. Peel and finely chop the garlic and onion. Clean the leek and cut it into half rings.
3. Take a stew pot and put some olive oil in it. Add the finely chopped garlic, onion and leek and let it simmer for a while.
4. Then add the mussels. Add the Brugse Zot Blond, the butter and the vadouvan spices and mix everything together. Simmer until the mussels are open. Finely chop the parsley leaves.
5. Ladle the mussels onto the plates and pour the sauce on top. Sprinkle with the finely chopped parsley and finish with some fresh dill.